Revoking Access to Shared Files in Cocoon Data
This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on how to instantly revoke access to any of your files in Cocoon Data.
There are two ways to achieve this, either as the file owner or as an Administrator.
A file owner can remove users individually from having access to a file. Here's how:
- Select the 'Share' icon on the file you wish to adjust access for.
- From the pop-up window, find the user whose access you want to revoke.
- Click the 'Remove' button alongside the user's name.
An Administrator has the same ability to remove users individually, but they also have the capacity to revoke access for all collaborators of a file with just one click, regardless of their ownership status. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the 'Admin' panel.
- Select 'Files', and then find the file you want to revoke access for.
- Click 'Enabled' in the file details.
Access to the file will immediately be revoked and displayed as 'Disabled'.
By revoking access in this way, you can immediately pull files being viewed, even if they are currently open on a user's desktop.
If you change your mind or need to switch access back on, you can either re-add users to the file or simply click 'Disabled' in the file details in the Admin panel, and it will revert back to 'Enabled'.