Cocoon Data Geofence: We could not obtain your location
What it means and how to resolve this notification.
Cocoon Data allows data owners to restrict access to information based on the location. This feature requires that the user attempting to access Geofenced data to allow Cocoon Data access to their location data.
If a user denies Cocoon Data access to location data they are still able to use Cocoon Data. However, the user will be unable to access any Geofenced data. If the user needs to access Geofenced data they must allow Cocoon Data to access location data on their device. Below are instructions on how to allow location data access on different browsers.
- Go to settings.
- On the left hand side select “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down about half way to find “Site Settings” and select that.
- Select “Location”.
- You will see sites that you have blocked location requests for. You can remove govcloud.cocoondata1dev.wpengine.com from this list.
- Go to Preferences.
- Select “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down about 75% of the way down the page to find “Location” and click the “Settings” button next to it.
- You will see a list of sites with location permissions. Find “govcloud.cocoondata1dev.wpengine.com” and change the status from “Block” to “Allow”.
If the user does not want to allow Cocoon Data to access location data they may continue to use Cocoon Data without access to Goefenced data. The user may dismiss the message by clicking the “X” on the top right corner of notification.